September 16, 2014

September 7, 2014


Dear Family:

 Well this week was a good one. I don't have a lot of cool stories to tell. Just that I'm learning a lot from Hermana Gomez and I'm really graetful that she's my new companion. We have a lot of fun together, and she's like the tall, skinny, Argentinan version of me haha. We both love music...and she just has the same goals and expectations that I do... FINALLY, someone that's thinking like me haha. We both want to baptize, we both want to be successful, and we're both giving our all to everyone, every day to be able to achieve that goal. We've been together for two weeks and I already love her a ton. 

This week both Leslie and Jose had some crazy health problems that kept them from coming to church. They're still progressing and I have faith that they're going to be able to make it to their baptismal dates...but please just pray for them to be able to come to church these next two weeks and be confident about being baptized. 

We've been finding a lot of MARRIED families, which is a complete miracle here. We've been rejected TONS this week, but we've also miraculously taught a lot of different little families. It's made me really happy. We also both felt the need to knock on a random door near our home, and the people that live there ended up being a sealed family that have been inactive for three years and had recently moved to the area. They were really impacted by the fact that we knocked on their door and I believe that they're going to become active again and be a really strong family for our ward...because our ward needs it. 

That's basically it. I'm sorry I don't have anything crazy that happened this week that comes to mind. 

I just want to bear my testimony to you all that I know the Gospel is true. I know that families are eternal. I love the Kleinman family so much, and my heart is breaking for them at this time in their life...but I'm also so grateful to know that they're an eternal family, that they live the Gospel and are great examples to everyone around them, it's the same for the McBrides. Our Heavenly Father has a grand plan for His children. Thanks to the Gospel, we know and live that plan. Our family is eternal. There are many families that are eternal, and many that need to know about these things. That's the reason I'm here. I'm here to get families sealed in the temple. I'm here to bring that hope and joy to the people I meet in Peru. 

I love you all. My prayers go out to the McBride and Kleinman families. I love them. 

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Carr 


Me and Hermana Gomez- in Los Olivos

My zone doing a grass planting service project


No comments:

Post a Comment