September 16, 2014

Sept. 14, 2014

Querida Familia,
 
I'm so glad to hear that everyone is busy and happy this week! Sounds like you've had a lot going on, but it sounds like things are going super well. Jakers, I'm sad I didn't hear anything from you this week! Mom, I love hearing about your service miracle. We had the same thing happen last week when we laid grass around Lima. We finished everything super quick because everyone got right to work. I love how organized and dedicated the members of the church are. haha, nice to hear that all the old teachers still remember me! And I think it's great that Kacey loves Mr. Schultz. I was worried haha. MOM, when did you get called as RS teacher?! I didn't know that!! I wish you could have come and taught the same lesson in our ward this week, we also had it...but I'm pretty sure you would have done a great job for my investigators. Haha the super tall Asian is Elder Yeuong from Utah. He's awesome. He reminds me a lot of Jace McLaws. He's a baby, he's barely 19 haha. Thanks for sending my letter to Sidney!

Dad, I'm so glad you got to go down. Sarah emailed me this week. I don't think she got the email I sent her, but everything worked out anyway. It sounds like the family is taking things well. I'm glad you got to go support their family, they need to remember how much we love them, always. And I'm glad Karen's husband is a catch! Glad you got to see all of the old family friends. When are Billie and Jerry moving? And I'm glad you guys got to see Jon and Jolene as well! So awesome!

TJ, sounds like you had an awesome week! I hope all your wildest dreams come true this Christmas haha.

Kacey, dang girl. You looked SO cute, no wonder you won the costume contest! I loved the pictures!!! Glad you had such a fun experience and that you like Mr. Schultz. Keep on working hard and being happy. I know that Junior year is stressful, but it's also one of the most fun. I love you!
 
This week Hermana Gomez and I worked harder than ever. We're changing the face of both of our missions and trying to figure out how to best do the work of the Lord in HIS way. It's been a really neat experience to be able to repent and fix mistakes that I didn't even realize I was making. The Lord is fine tuning the both of us right now, and I'm pretty sure the results of our efforts will be apparent soon. He's definitely shaping me into the person that I need to be.
 
We've been working with a man names Jose. He's a 57yr old widower and he's VERY, VERY Catholic! But he's got a genuine love for learning and a NEED to know if this is the true church. He's searching with all sincerity. I would just ask that you pray for him to be able to receive a firm answer and be able to recognize it. He asks a lot of questions, and I love it. He reminds me a little bit of me sometimes haha, super analytical...always wanting to find out and understand MORE. When he gets baptized and has the gift of the Holy Ghost, he's going to understand so much better and he's going to be able to stick with his beliefs.
 
We've also been working with Leslie, but her fecha fell this week. We were super sad, but it was for things beyond our control and hers. She really has a ton of faith and is progressing, it's just that last week she was super sick and now this week her baby is super sick. 'We're going to do everything we can to help her get baptized.
 
There's a really young, MARRIED couple that we're working with right now named Jon and Liz. Jon is 20, and Liz is 22. And they're married...and they're Peruvian. One day you might understand how much of a MIRACLE that is. They have a really cute baby. They closed up their Hotel and came to churchon Sunday! I was so surprised and SO happy! They're friends of a recent convert here, and I think we're going to be able to help them with everything in the Gospel. I'm praying that they accept the Gospel and bring these blessings to their young family.
 
We're working hard. I'm still convinced that this area is really going to be turned around with the work we're doing here. I have a district of hard workers, a companion that works hard and has a fresh perspective on things, I'm really enjoying my time here. I feel more...complete...when I finish the day. Dang tired, but dang happy. Seriously. I feel so blessed at this time, and I know that if I'm patient, the Lord is going to bless us for our hard work and our efforts. There are lots of married families here, so there is a lot of potential for success.
 
Yesterday was a really trunky day for me...haha, not ttrrrunnkyyy..but it was a day that made me think. I realized that exactly a year ago, I gave my farewell talk...it feels like it was yesterday. Then I realized that exactly six years ago from the date, I got my patriarchal blessing. Mom and Dad, you guys remember that day as well as I do, right? I can't believe six years have flown by, the promises of my Padre Celestial have been constant, and I'm seeing how His hand is really guiding my life and shaping the person that I want to be. Time is running and I can't stop it. Six years have gone by since I got my blessing, a year has gone by since I said my goodbyes to a lot of people...and now there's only six months and ten days to complete the mission that I've been sent here to do. Time is not in my favor haha, but I'm disfruting in every moment (is disfruting a word? haha, it works in Spanish...) and I know that the Lord needs me here at this specific time.
 
I love you guys. I love this Gospel. I love Peru. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that His Atonement is central in everything that we do, everything that we teach. I know that God has a specific plan for each of His children. He knows us and He knows exactly what each of us need to grow in faith and understanding. He's taught me so much in these short years of my life. The last four years more than anything. I'm learning more and more about the Gospel, about who I am and need to become, and about my important role here in mortality. I'm grateful for the trust He puts in me and that He's blessed me with an eternal family, and with the chance to share the joy we have with all the world.
 
I love you and hope you have a wonderful week <3
Les espero una bonita semana!
Hermana Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment