September 4, 2014


August 25, 2014


Wow. It sounds like you guys had a rough week. Aunt Mary and her family, especially her brother, are all in my prayers. You guys were so nice to offer up the house to them. I'm sorry the water heater broke. Sorry that Silverwood was super busy this year, but it sounds like you had fun anyway!!! Kacey, I'm glad you had a suupppperrr sweet sixteen, and it sounds like your date was super fun!....when are you going to get your license? 

HAPPPPYYY BIRRRTTTHHDDAAYYYY EEELLLDDDEERRR CARRRRR! First couple of weeks in the mission, and you're already celebrating your birthday. 

Another week of...well yeah...searching. But at least this week people accepted us! We've been changing up how we contact people and it's been a lot more effective. I love how innovative Hermana Kim and I get haha. 

We found a philosophy teacher this week. That was fun. We visited him three times and my head is still spinning haha. We knocked on his door and he invited us in...then he told us that his wife is LDS...but she lives in a different department right now (happens a lot for work and stuff) and he's alone with his 7 and 3 year old kids. Well...he was receptive...but he is way more focused on the historical things.... He questioned a lot...and I was grateful that I took Book of Mormon at BYU. I tried not to get too deep into the historical side of things and we kept bringing it back to the spiritual...but he was difficult. As a philosophist...he went in circles and circles...and told us we had logic...but he wouldn't commit to pray and find out if this is true...he doesn't even know if he believes in God. He isn't keeping his committments so we probably are only going to visit him one more time. it's been interesting to teach him though, because I've really felt the spirit help me to respond...and I've felt it so powerfully as I testified of the truth of the Restoration and the existence of God and Jesus Christ. When we talked about the historical things...he would answer back and answer back, but when I gave my testimony he just looked at me silently then said "tiene razón" ....aka..."that makes sense". It was an interesting experience. 

I'm going to brag a little bit about Carmen again. She's a rock. She was specially sought out and asked to be on the Lima LDS Institute council! Everyone knows "Carmencita" as a very special and very strong convert. She's been bringing tons of inactive YSA back to the church and to institute. In her two months as a member her gospel knowledge has grown as if she's been in the church all her life. She has plans to serve a mission and I know she's going to change a million lives like she's changed mine. 

This week we have transfers. I'll email you if I find out what's going to happen before I leave internet today. 

I just want you all to know how wonderful Hermana Kim has been as my companion. We hit our four month mark this week and I can't believe how fast the time has flown with her. I think I've learned the most from her than from any other companion thus far in my mission...most of it is because we learned together. Neither of us had a ton of experience, or really great examples early on in our missions (Hermana Cueva was FANTASTIC... I just didn't understand anything she tried to say to me for the first two transfers we had together haha)...but Hermana Kim and I determined from the beginning to be exactly obedient and develop our teaching skills...and it's worked. We've progressed a ton. She hasn't just been a companion to me, she's become one of my best friends and probably will be my best friend from the mission. Good thing she lives in Cancun, because I'm totally up for visiting her haha 

I love you all and hope you have an awesome week! 

Hermana Carrrrrrrrrr *roll your Rrrrrrsssss!* 

We were dumb and played waterballoon soccer. In the Winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment