September 29, 2014

September 22,2014

Hey family!


This week was a mix of a lot of different things. My companion got some hard news from home and we had a rough start to the week. A lot of our citas fell through and it was a little hard to get excited about finding new people. But we did it. We work really good together and we figures out how to help each other get excited about the work again and it worked. 

The sad news....Jose still feels too Catholic to accept to be baptized. Really, he doesn't feel like he got an answer to his prayers yet...so we don't have a baptism this Saturday...but he's progressing a lot and a light goes off in his head every time we teach new doctrine. He's recognizing that this is the true church and I know that he's going to get baptized this coming month. We're going to challenge him with a new date and help him out. He's a really great person. 

We had Stake Conference this week. It was AMAZING. Have you guys heard of Elder Calderon from Ecuador? Maybe not...but he's one of the funniest, most inspirational 70s that I've heard so far in my LIFE. We had an amazing Stake Conference, surprisingly it was the first in my mission. He gave a great talk about how fathers need to treat their wives and daughters better, and about how parents need to teach their children the principles of the Gospel through their EXAMPLES. He talked about how President Packer tells all of the general authorities that they need to see how they can treat their wives better and help them more. It is their primary responsibility to help their wives feel loved and appreciated. He said that we can ALWAYS do better. He also talked about how people's kids grow up and still go to tithing settlement because they went with their parents. He said that if we pay a full tithing always, we won't ever fall away from the church. I know that is true and I'm so grateful for the opportunity I've had to grow up in a household that keeps  the commandments of God and that I've been taught by your examples.

We found Leslie this week and her whole countenance has changed. Like I said she and her kids have been super sick the last couple of weeks and we haven't been able to help her progress, but we went to visit her yesterday and she bore testimony about how she feels so much better when she's around us and studying the things of the Gospel and she feels so much more at peace. She quickly accepted a new baptismal date and I'm sure that this time she's going to be baptized. 

We also found two families...TWO FAMILIES...that are MARRIED this week! They have a lot of potential to progress, and I'm super excited. I want to baptize families SO much. 

That was basically my week. PS...I love my district. Just thought I'd tell you that again. I finally feel like I'm in a group that cares about my success individually and our success as a district. I'm super excited to see the progress that we're going to have. 

I love you guys! I know this Gospel is true and that this work is the BEST thing I could be doing right now. I can't believe that this week I'm going to hit my year mark. Things are happening way too fast. 

Have an awesome week!

Hermana Carr 

No comments:

Post a Comment