January 28, 2015

Jan. 25, 2015

Querida Familia,


Wow. What a miraculous week we've had. Every week the Lord surprises me more and more by how much He trusts us as missionaries. I've always had so much faith in Him, but it's been amazing to witness His power in changing and healing families and individuals. 

This week I had a work visit with Hermana Kim. It was fun to be reunited with her for a little bit. 

On Wednesday we had a cool experience. We went to visit an investigator of Hna Alonso that we've been trying to help. K. was supposed to get baptized a month ago...but didn't. We went and had a really inspired discussion with her. We realized that she hadn't received a personal witness of the Gospel and still wasn't sure how to recognize an answer. We were able to explain it to her. On Friday we went back and she told us that she had received an answer and was ready to get baptized. It was a sweet miracle. 

Thursday we had interviews with President Archibald. It was the most positive, uplifting interview I've had in all of my mission. I was surprised by how much he talked to me about home, and  the things that I can do to make the most of the time left. Something that I liked that he said was that ¨At the end of your mission, you're going to wish you could have done more...but you can't. We all have that feeling, it's part of being Celestial Beings living in a telestial world. The Lord will be happy with your sacrifice¨. He also reminded me that when I come home I should come as the person I've BECOME, and I don't have to go back to who I was. I loved that. I feel so blessed to have all of my mission experiences. I'm definitely not the same person that got on a plane 16 months ago. 

Thursday night we were supposed to have a cita with D. and M.. We were in shock when we called M. and she said she wasn't in town. That was odd. We found out later that she ran away from home with her son S.. D. was devastated.  He told us that he had been praying and reading the  Book of Mormon without stopping. We don't know what happened...but D. called us on Saturday and said that M. was coming Sunday morning to pick up her stuff and leave for good. We were so scared but we knew we needed to intervene. We showed up Sunday morning right when she showed up. We sat them down...not knowing at all what we were going to say. (We were lucky because this Sunday we had Stake Conf. and it didn't start until 11). I was so sad to see them there. M. was firm in her decision to leave. We talked with them for an hour...then we stepped off for a minute to let them talk alone. We came back and M. said that she had made a decision and had to stick with it. We hugged her goodbye...feeling disappointed but not defeated. She hugged Hermana Alonso like normal..then she came to hug me. When she hugged me it was like something melted in her heart...and mine. .. I don't know how to describe it...but as I hugged her she started to cry and wouldn't let me go. Hermana Alonso told me that M. in that moment felt like she was receiving a hug from Christ. We left for the Conference...and at 1pm we received a text from D.d saying ¨Hermanas, I adore you. Don't call M., she's coming back home TODAY. Thank you, Thank you¨  We called them at night and they were together at home. Today... the Lord used to me to save a marriage that was breaking apart. I'm amazed by everything He does.   

 We're also teaching M.. The sweetest girl that's older brother and boyfriend are members of the church. Her boyfriend is inactive but he wants to come back to church, so they're both in the process together. Love it! 
 
Also, if you guys could pray for J....he's the widower we're teaching that has some problems with the word of wisdom. He's a great man and he's trying hard to find the truth, but I think bad habits sometimes get the best of him. 

So pray hard for everyone

I love you and I'm so grateful for you! 

Hermana Carr 






No comments:

Post a Comment