January 14, 2015

Jan. 12, 2015

Hey family!
I am SO much happier... the moment I came to Ventanilla I knew this is where I'm supposed to finish the mish. 

This was another great week with Hermana Alonso! I forgot to tell you she's from Honduras. She's just hilarious and a super missionary. She's the most successful sister missionary we have in the mission right now, and so it's obvious that I'm learning A TON from her. She's awesome. 

On Monday, we got permission to go to Plaza Norte, a mall...to buy shoes, and we got to eat at CHILE'S !!! We were stoked, and took pictures haha. We also found a Cinnabon!! It was a fun day...and mom I found a special surprise for you too when I get home! 

The rest of the week went by so fast, but it was fantastic. I had a work visit with Hermana Jimenez. We found a lot of new people to teach, we'll see if some of them progress.

I'm most excited about the S.family right now. M. and D.  I think I wrote about them last week...but they are just the most amazing couple. They both have so many desires to change, and commit to everything we invite them to do. They love coming to church, and they truly ANALYZE the scriptures...it's super cool to see their progress and their commitment to being baptized. On Sunday during Sunday School, David gave a small testimony about how he feels when he comes the church and since we've come to his home, it was really special for us to be there. 

We also had a miracle this week. Hermana Alonso remembered about a girl that almost got baptized...literally in the baptismal font, but got scared of the water and didn't get baptized. We decided to go visit her. She accepted the invitation to be baptized this Saturday. Neither of us had ever taught her before, Hermana Alonso went by one time....but that was it. We had no idea that all the missionaries before us had tried to visit C., and that she never accepted to be baptized...but with us we hardly had to say anything for her to accept. 

Please pray for the B. family, the family of four that we found last week. They're really great and have all the desires to progress, but the problem is both of the parents work from early in the morning until 12am (pretty typical in Peru), and so we can only see them on weekends. It's hard when we can't have daily contact with them or visit them during the week. But they're a great family and I have faith that they'll get baptized. 

I'm kind of freaking out about the time crunch...but I'm not even close to being trunky, DON'T YOU WORRY haha. I'm just sad. Yesterday Hermana Alonso and I had to give talks, and in her talk she said something like... there comes a point in the mission where every day more... is one day less... and it's painful. That's basically how I feel. I LOVE the people of Peru. I LOVE the Gospel. I LOVE being able to share it every day. It's been an amazing experience to see how the Lord has used us as instruments in His hands. This mission is such a blessing for me...thank you for supporting me in my decision to serve and for helping me with EVERYTHING. I love you guys.

I love you and hope you have a great week!

Hermana Carr 
Me and Hermana A. with frozen lemonade

We found CINNABON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment