December 13, 2014

Nov. 10, 2014

Dear fambam, 


This week I'm feeling a lot better. We still haven't seen any concrete success, but I just feel at peace and finally feel like I have some answers. I just have a few stories to share with you this week. 

On Friday, we had our training meet with President Archibald. It was a Multi-zone conference and afterwards we had interviews. We learned a lot during the whole training meeting. Tons about how important PEOPLE SKILLS are and how to contact people, teach people, and really just build relationships in general. After the meeting, we went and ate lunch at our pensionist's (Siempre rico) and had to head back to the stake center again for our interviews. As we were waiting for our turn, I was able to play the piano and de-stress for a little while until Hermana Archibald showed up from looking at some Elder's apartments. I chatted with her until President came in and it was my turn. The first things he said to me were basically what I told you he said in my letter last week.. He asked me how I was doing and I told him that I was flat out stressed. He asked me why...and I told him that I haven't baptized for 16 weeks...a record, and not a good one in a mission that'st striving for weekly baptisms. He told me that he knows it doesn't feel good, and we started talking about a lot of things. He shared a story with me about when he was in the mission and how he went over six months without baptizing, then in his last three months of his mission, he baptized over 50 people. He smiled at me and told me not to worry, that there was still plenty of time. He gave me some tips to overcome my challenges and reminded me that I'm progressing a ton and that the Lord is proud of the work that I'm doing here. It just felt good to talk with him and feel better about the Lord's expectations and how I can meet them. 

We're working with a different kind of family right now. It's a lady named M., and her cousin M., with her daughter A. who's Kacey's age. They're really sweet ladies and I just feel the Lord's love every time I enter their home. We've visited them twice, only to get to know them and teach them little principles. They're amazing. Tonight we're going to share the message of the Restoration with them, and I know that the Spirit is going to be soooo strong because it was so strong when we went to visit them and talk about something as simple as prayer.

Yesterday I had an interesting experience. We had a training meeting at the stake center with all of the bishops and stake president until late. So we went to wait for our bus and it never came, we called our leaders and they told us we should take a taxi because it was getting close to the time when we needed to be in our apartment...there was some mis-communication and they had already gotten home. Well we flagged down a few different taxis, but I didn't feel good about getting into any of them...then one pulled up and we decided to enter. The man was super friendly and we started talking all the way to our neighborhood. As we started talking he opened up to us and told us that he had recently separated from his wife. Then he started talking about his son with Asbergers. I told him that I know a few people with Asbergers and he opened up even more to us. He trusted us a lot as he explained some things, and even though it was late and I was tired I was able to testify of the Gospel and Atonement to him and take down his information for the missionaries to visit him. When we got out of the car, he was super grateful to us for our words and our kindness. I just felt that we had done something as the Lord's servants that evening. 


Hopefully I'll have more stories for you all next week! Can you believe that this is my last week of this transfer?! Time is FLYING. 

I love you all and hope you have an awesome week! 
Hermana Carr 


No comments:

Post a Comment