December 13, 2014

Nov. 30, 2014
Querida Fambam.

Sounds like you guys had an epic Thanksgiving! I'm so glad that you were able to spend it with Julian and Sheri....next year I'm going to be home for Thanksgiving SI o SI! It's been way too long since I've had cranberry salad haha. I'm excited about Tyler's family and our grandparents moving up! I hope everything went well with the move. Mom, slowly but surely I'm figuring things out. My assignment isn't a big deal...it's actually the fun part about my area. I get to work with tons of different sisters, and it's kind of fun to break up the routine! We're planning on making the pie for District Pday. Hermana Degn is super stoked for me to save her a piece haha, so thanks mom (Hna. Degn's in my zone again! SUCH A BLESSING). I still don't know what the rules/schedule is for the Christmas call, so I'll update you on that as soon as I know. The Stokers are in my prayers, I hope it wasn't anything serious! Jake I'm glad that you had success in your sports. TJ, I can't believe how tall you are!!! Thanks for your love and your hope, I hope we find people to teach too! Thank you, I love you all tons!

This week was a crazy one haha.
Monday, we had Consejo de la Mision, I think I already told you that...then on Tuesday Elder Hafen came and spoke to us which was awesome.
Tuesday night we left for my first work visit. I went to Trebol to work with Hermana Hernandez and it was great. It's always nice to get a fresh perspective on how to work in different areas and with different people. I learned a lot from her and was sooo grateful for her pensionist...her pensionist is a health fanatic and so she didn't serve me any rice and we actually got to drink pure WATER haha. I was so happy. It was a lot of fun and a really good opportunity for both of us to learn how to change our tactics. It was cool to see how the Spirit was helping me notice things that I could help her with.... the Lord always qualifies those whom He calls.

Thursday we had District meeting. We practiced working more with the Spirit and how to help people accept baptism during the Restoration. It was really good. It was happy Thanksgiving because Hermana Degn gave me a Thanksgiving hug haha.... that was about the extent of our holiday celebration. But I was thinking about all the the things I'm grateful for the whole time. The Lord has blessed me so much. 

Saturday we had a baptism! It was a little strange because it was a convert of Hna. Aliaga and Hna. Villatoro, and I had only visited her twice before her baptism. I don't think I helped very much in her conversion process. Her name is M. and she's a very special person. Every time I'm with her I feel the Spirit, and it was a great opportunity to be a part of her baptism. 

Sunday was a miracle day...because we found O. again. Here's the story...he lives in the far limits of our area, and we weren't exactly sure where (I don't think you understand what I mean when I say my area is HUGE).... his cellphone was shut off the whole week and he didn't show up for our appointment. I was praying all week that he would come to church on Sunday. As I sat at the piano, I saw him come in at the end of Sacrament meeting...but he still showed up! We found out that his phone is dead and that he was sick and that's why he didn't show up. But he had been reading in the Book of Mormon and still wants to get baptized. After church we had another lesson with him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was fantastic. 

Things are moving slowly but surely. It's costing me a lot to figure things out in this area...and how to work effectively with my companion, but I know that the Lord is guiding and helping me through this. 

I wanted to invite you guys to also visit and share navidad.mormon.org or christmas.mormon.org. The video has the same impact that BECAUSE OF HIM had. You guys need to share it on your facebook, because the idea is that everyone in the world sees it before Christmas!

I love you guys and hope you have a wonderful week! Enjoy your first week with family close by! 

Love you,
Hermana Carr 


No comments:

Post a Comment