March 25, 2014

March 24, 2014

Dear Familia:

 I was just thinking about how in a year I'm coming home...weird...and that it's TJ's birthday this week. I don't know, it's just weird how time FLIES and yet goes by sooo slow. Sounds like the new sisters are awesome! And seriously, everyone here is from Utah too. Utah or Arizona. People are ALWAYS surprised when I tell them I'm from Washington, missionaries or members. I got my package and seriously it's PERFECT. Thank you so much, I'm feeling healthier already. We're also eating REALLY well with Hermana Flor. She is seriously the best. She makes me salad every day and we eat a lot of lean meats, it's perfect. 

First off. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TJ! I LOVE YOU AND HOPE YOU HAVE THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER! NEXT YEAR I'LL BE THERE TO CELEBRATE :) 

Well....... I'm trying to think of something really profound to tell you guys, or of some exciting story that happened this week...uhhhhh. 

We've had a week of unsuccessful contacting. I'm starting to understand what it means to be the senior companion and how much pressure that can be sometimes. I just want my companion to feel like we can be successful together. All the responsibility is on me and I'm feeling it. I'm not discouraged, we're just in a little bit of a rough patch. Luckily I have an amazing Zone and District to keep me going even when times get tough. I guess everyone's been going through a rough time lately.

Last Tuesday we had the BEST Zone meeting we have ever. ever. had. Our new zone leaders are awesome together. We still have Elder C, and our new ZL is Elder Cr...from Texas I think. They both work really well together and for the first time we had what felt like a truly inspired, edifying meeting. I think we were all feeling a little down, and the spirit worked through us so strongly. We all read Alma 31 together. We talked about Alma, who was also going through a rough patch on his mission (amazing how the Book of Mormon is written for our day, isn't it?! I'm learning more and more that it was really written for ME. I love the Book of Mormon). We talked about the importance of having faith, and of sincere, heartfelt prayer. We talked about having goals and doing everything possible to trust in the Lord and have confidence in miracles. Then Elder Cr shared a story about him and Elder A (in my ward) from a few months ago. He was training Elder A and they hadn't had any luck for WEEKS. Finally, another day of contacting...they went to a street, E. Cr looked at E. A and said "We are going to knock every door on this street, and we are going to find a baptism." They started knocking. While they were working the street, a lady came up to them excited, telling them that she had been looking for the missionaries for MONTHS. Her family had received the discussions in the past and were trying to find the missionaries again. She lived BLOCKS away from where they were contacting. They showed up, taught and ended up baptizing a family of six. Sometimes, the Lord gives us a trial of our faith. Sometimes we just really need to rely on Him and be patient. We need to remember that this is HIS work. Yesterday in Relief Society, we were learning from a talk from the General Relief Society meeting....but I found myself reading the talk that President Monson gave (in Spanish). Tears filled my eyes as I saw the correlation of everything that had happened this week...the importance of prayer, faith, and trust in the Lord. President Monson said "As our prayers ascend heavenward, let us not forget the words taught to us by the Savior. When He faced the excruciating agony of Gethsemane and the cross, He prayed to the Father, “Not my will, but thine, be done.”5Difficult as it may at times be, it is for us, as well, to trust our Heavenly Father to know best how and when and in what manner to provide the help we seek." 

I am so grateful for the love of the Lord and the power of the Atonement in our lives. My new companion is JUST what I need at this time. We're learning a lot of things together...and this new responsibility I've been given has also helped me to become more confident in my Spanish and move forward with things. I know the Lord will provide for us soon, because we're doing everything that we should be doing to find the people prepared for this Gospel.

Well. I've officially hit the 6 month mark. I only have a year left to make the most of the time the Lord has given me. That's so crazy to me. It's a long time left, but I know I'm going to continue to grow and learn so much from these experiences and the experiences of other people I meet here. 

I love you all so much. Thank you for your constant support <3 

Love always,

Hermana Carr 

PS no pictures this week.  This dumb computer won't send them :(

[Quoted text hidden]



No comments:

Post a Comment