March 3, 2014

March 3, 2014

Dear Familia:

WOW! I'm so glad that you had such an amazing week! Seriously, I'm freaking out right now....so many awesome things happening for our family, and proof that prayers are answered. Seriously...I don't know why, but I just felt so strongly to pray for three things a ton this week: 1) Mom, for you to get into nursing school. 2) Brett, for you to get into BYU  3) Dad, for work to pick up...I just felt like things weren't going as well as you wanted to at the clinic. And seriously, I'm near tears right now because this email is a testimony of prayer for me. Imagine me, opening up this email after an unsuccessful week wondering if the Lord is really listening. He is. He loves me and He knows how much I worry about you guys. Maybe He needed to take a little of my success this week to answer my prayers for the people I love back home.

BBRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT!!!!! YOU GOT IN TO BYUUUU!!!!!!!!!! I am seriously so excited for you right now. We're going to go to school together!!!! Seriously, I know it's like...two years away, but you are going to love the Y. I am so excited for you right now!!! Who else got in out of your group of friends? How are you feeling about your mission call? I'm so excited for you. Make sure dad films it on the iphone and sends it to me, I want to see you open up your call to Lima Peru Oeste! (Ha, wouldn't that be crazy.) But I really hope you get called to a Peru mission, that would be awesome. Good luck with DECA this week and write me AS SOON as you know where you are going, I want to hear all your thoughts about it. You've got a lot of exciting news this month! Love you 

 I'm doing good, we've had kind of a downer week, but not a bad one. Hermana Cueva leaves this Friday...and then I find out who my new comp is the following Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm freaking out...everyone keeps teasing that I'm going to train....nnnooott ready. I don't think it will happen yet.

Okay...to be honest............I don't really have much to tell you this week.  We have been contacting all week without any success. We've been working hard but we just haven't had a ton of results. One gross story....we had a reference for this one man and we went to his house. A girl my age answered the door and said the man was her husband. He came to the door and he can't be younger than 50. EEEWWW. We taught him and his "father in law" who I'm pretty sure is younger than him. Sick. 

With the kind of week I've had, I should feel a little bit down...but I don't. I've been studying in Alma about all the success of Ammon...and this week I started reading about Aaron. I don't know why we don't ever talk about Aaron. He went through SO much. He was cast out, city to city, thrown in prison, suffered all sorts of terrible things...but when he wasn't in prison he went out and preached the gospel anyway. He suffered all of this hardship...he was unsuccessful for so long but he kept going forward with faith. Finally he found the father of King Lamoni...and man, if I go through all this and find a father of King Lamoni and convert all of his household, then all this is worth it. 

Hermana Cueva is leaving this Friday and I'm going to be spending the weekend in Huaraz with the Hermanas over there. I'm excited to work with them, but not to abandon my area for almost a week. Actually, I'm kind of freaking out about it...but it's all going to be okay. I'm so sad Hermana Cueva is leaving me...four months together. We've been through A LOT but she is the best and I have learned sooo much from her. I don't think I would have learned nearly as well with anybody else. Looking forward to new adventures and to keep in touch with my gorgeous comp for the rest of our lives. 

I love you all so much. I hope that you have a wonderful week. Keep my missionaries (Kelsie and Caleb) in Ukraine and Russia in your prayers...I'm worried sick about them. 

Love you tons 

Hermana Carr 


American sunflower seeds!  Thank You Elder Larsen
     

Canyon de Pato

No comments:

Post a Comment