July 2, 2014

June 29, 2014

Sounds like you guys had an awesome week! It seems like the Utah trip was a complete success and that you had a blast! TJ, I'm glad that your foot is feeling better! Cool story about the sister that converted to the church! Thanks for sharing! Kacey, I'm glad that you survived girls camp haha. Jake, I'm glad you had so much fun with your cousins. Daddy, glad that Cassie is working out at work! Is Kacey working there now too? 

Sorry, I'm writing kind of fast. We got to internet late and everyone is leaving early because we have Pday Afuera (outside) and we're going to the beach....in winter haha It'll be fun. 

This was a crazy week. There were so many ups and downs that I don't even know what to say really haha, but I'll do the best I can to make sense. 

So Tuesday we had training with President Archibald. I learned a lot from him and he answered a lot of the questions that I had about some of the problems we're facing in our area. He and Sister Archibald had a training meeting with Elder Oaks, so it was really awesome to learn what he taught them. Let me just say one thing: TITHING IS IMPORTANT. One of the key things that we believe in is the Law of Sacrifice. President and his wife shared a story about when they were young, newly married with two kids, and dirt poor...and how they chose to pay tithing.... sound familiar? They had a lot of miracles happen during that Christmas time. It brought tears to my eyes as I thought of mom and dad and their story about when we were living in Kansas. I always share that story with our investigators and EVERY TIME, I feel the spirit. Thanks Mom and Dad for being such amazing examples to me. You are examples of people that are OBEDIENT because we need to be OBEDIENT, Satan can't tempt us when we have the determination to obey a certain commandment no matter what. 

Wednesday was halfway day. I've reached the top of the mountain and it's all downhill from here. It was actually really interesting, because that day was a cumulation of ALL of my mission experiences in one day. The good, the bad, the spiritual, the ugly haha. I'll write a little bit about it. In the morning we set out trying to find some lost addresses in the ward. We showed up at one of the houses and there were two ladies talking outside. We went to ask and then one of them asked us if we were Mormons. I saw the way she was looking at me...and noticed she had her Bible in her hands. Oh...here we go. I smiled at her and told her we were missionaries of La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias. She started asking some weird questions....like who's Moroni, and random stuff. I smiled at her and asked if she had talked to missionaries before, because she seemed to have a little bit of insight "Oh noooo, I've never talked to missionaries" and here comes the bible-bashing-don't-get-a-word-in psycho lady. She started railing on us...well more on me...attacking the gringa... about how the Book of Mormon is of the devil and  blah blah blah blah....I tried once to testify, she didn't give me the chance to open my mouth....so I just stood there... I should have been angry...she was saying a lot of things that went against what I believe...but as I stood there...the image of Jesus Christ standing before the Sanhedrian came to mind... I don't know why but it just made me think...be quiet, and be calm. I realized that even if I say something to her, she's just going to take it and twist it. So we politely let her ramble on...she mentioned that she was actually mentally unstable but now she's been healed.... and then I politely wished her blessings and we left. Poor Hermana Kim...she's never experienced things like that before, so she didn't even know what to do. I'm starting to be very grateful that I started out in Caraz, because I pretty much dealt with all experiences there.

 After that we had some other random experiences... we contacted a lady that's 23, married, has a baby, and is looking for a church to go to....WHAAAA?! That never happens. We'll see how things go with her. We went to visit Carmen and had an amazing experience with her. She's facing a lot of opposition, mostly from her now ex boyfriend about the church, but she's strong and she's got a testimony that's rock solid. Then at night we went to visit our other fecha, E. We were at L's house and the kids were running around being crazy. We were supposed to prepare E for her interview, but I could tell something was bothering her. We invited her to come with us to the chapel and we taught her there. She had searched the internet and found some anti-Mormon stuff, typical. She was in doubt about a lot of things. We prayed and then had a really strong lesson about how there is opposition in all things and that the Lord is the only one that really knows everything. We read Moroni 7 about good things being of Christ. We bore testimony to E. and the Spirit was super strong. We got down on our knees and she prayed. She told us that she knew it was true and that she would get baptized.... well....Thursday she had her interview, then Friday and Saturday we couldn't find her...we called her and she finally answered saying that she was too busy to come to her baptism this week. Awesome...Sunday we went to visit with her again...but I don't know...we'll have to see.

Thursday night Hermana Archibald accompanied us after our interviews. It was awesome, we got a lot of insights from her and C. shared her testimony in English with Hermana Archibald, it was awesome! 

Saturday was a beautiful day. C. got baptized. She looked so beautiful and a ton of her friends came to support her. The Spirit was so strong from the get go. She's such a special person. We had prepared a special musical number for her. The EFY version of I am a Child of God...we translated it in Spanish. As soon as we started singing, the spirit filled the room. Within the first few lines, C. started crying, she was sitting right in front of me...I choked up too, but we managed to sing the whole song. Before it ended C. ran up and hugged us and wouldn't let go. She whispered that she loved us, and thank you for everything...that we had changed her life. The three of us just stood there crying in front of everyone... I was so overwhelmed with love for her. It was an amazing experience. Everyone in that room felt the Spirit the entire time. I'm so proud of C.. She has truly changed her life and given up everything to be a member of the Church and to live the Gospel. She's converted, rooted in the Gospel and I feel so blessed to have been a part of her conversion process.

Well, I'm running out of time but I just want you guys to know that I love you all! Sorry to everyone that wrote me this week, I only had time to write my family and my mission president, but I'll get back to you next week! 

Have an awesome week <3 HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!!

Hermana Carr 

No comments:

Post a Comment