April 15, 2014





April 14, 2014
Dearrrrrr Fam,

Another interesting...but not very successful week. Elder D. called us Monday night to let us know we were having a surprise training from President Archibald. So Wednesday morning we got up and got ready to go to our training in Huaraz. We were supposed to leave in the combis at 8:30 and Elder C. called me at 8. Last Saturday at conference he joked with me that I had to go to Lima again, since I had just gone with Hermana Cueva.... and now he calls to inform me that after the training I would be going to Lima with Hermana S. WOOTTTT.. Seriously?! I ran around like a crazy person packing things up. Then we headed to an AWESOME training with President. We talked about how we can change just a few things in our teaching styles to be more successful, and the importance on focusing on REPENTANCE before baptism. We really are baptized for REMISSION OF SINS, not just for whatever reason...and if people understand the Atonement of Jesus Christ, they´ll feel the need to repent and be baptized. That´s why FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AND HIS ATONEMENT is the first step to everything. After that we went to lunch with some of the missionaries and ate at an ALMOST real chinese restaurant. Then Hermana S. and I worked in her area for a while, and headed to the buses to go to Lima.
We arrived at the offices at 530am. We slept on the couches for an hour (because we didnt get any sleep) then we headed to migrations with a bunch of missionaries. I´m now a legal Peruvian haha. I also ran into some of my friends from the Lima North mission (from the ccm)...including Hermana R. and Hermana A...yay for friends! I talked with them pretty much the whole time we were in immigrations. It was really long, but it was also fun. Then we went back to the offices, talked with President and the office elders, gave them my package for the Arizona lady (Aunt Shannon, it should be coming either this month or the next, depending on if she was able to pick it up last week. Thank you so much for taking care of that for me!)
Then Hermana S. and I went to work in Villa Sol with the Hermanas until night came. Then back to the offices, talked with Elder P. and Elder C. until it was time to go to the buses. Elder P. might be going to BYU, he´s from Mexico and he´s headed home this transfer. It will be cool to see him again!
Saturday was a really special day for me. Like I said, we haven´t had a lot of wonderful lessons or found very many people.  But I had an experience that helped me a lot. A. is a young woman in our ward that´s leaving for the Arequippa mission next month. We had a service activity helping prepare 100 meals to sell to people to raise money for her to leave on her mission. She´s the only member in her family (her little sister is baptized but isn´t active). Well, one person that had placed an order left us high and dry with 10 meals... 70 soles lost. A. just broke down and cried. I did too. Elder G. Elder D., H. C. and I immediately bought four plates. Then I told A. to come up to our room (we were at H. Flor´s house). She mostly needs money for prep, buying clothes and things. We went up and went through my things. I just gave her a few skirts from Hermana Cueva and a few shirts...and she burst into tears again. She began telling me that my friendship has made a world of a difference for her, and that it´s strengthened her desire to serve a mission. We both were crying as she told me how much she was going to miss me and how grateful she was for me. I was speechless...she´s been so helpful to us and I didn´t even think about what I was doing. I love her so much. She´s an amazing example of perserverance. She´s going to be an amazing missionary and I really hope she and Kiara Phillipy become companions!!!
I´m so grateful for this Easter week. It´s going to be beautiful. My testimony of the Atonement has grown so much. The Elders all gave talks on the Book of Mormon in church this Sunday, and I especially liked Elder G. focus. He talked about how the Book of Mormon explains clearly and more powerfully what the Atonement of Jesus Christ is, and what He did for each of us. He said that the word Atonement is used 8 times in all of the Bible, and 18 times with long definitions in the Book of Mormon. I´m so grateful for the Book of Mormon and the testimony that is of our Savior. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ in my life and for the strength that He gives me in times that seem impossible. He really knows how to succor his people and He really knows each of us individually. I hope that as this weekend comes, we focus on His sacrifice for us as individuals, and more importantly His glorious ressurection on the Sabbath. The Lord has overcome sin, pain, and death, and He´s paid the price for us if we only accept it.
ALSO... MOM. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PACKAGE!!!! I sleep so much better with that mask and I´m giving the Elders their easter eggs tomorrow. You´re seriously the best. Also, shout out to Sister Kelsie Barnes, Stephanie Billings, and Sister Porter for their letters, they totally made my week! I also need Brother or Sister Niska´s emails, I recently got a Christmas letter from the Stake Mission Prep Class and would love to email them a response. Love you all! Thanks for all the support!
Love always,
Hermana Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment