October 13, 2014

Oct. 6, 2014

Hey familllyyyy!
I'm so glad that General Conference was amazing (as always). I'm looking forward to this weekend when I'm going to be able to watch it. Mom, thanks for all your efforts and for getting things put together for me. Seriously, you're the best! I can't believe Kelsie's headed home, it freaks me out! Time is flying waayyyyy too fast. Give her a huge hug for me.
And I'm trying to send pictures...it's just my new area is a little boring and there aren't a lot of opportunities to take pics, but we took pics as a district and for our goodbye celebration for Elder Almazan haha, I'll send them today. LOVE YOU! 
TJ. Sounds like you had a lot of fun at the lego thing! And I'm so happy that you were able to watch General Conference and feel the Spirit. There's a special spirit when we get to listen to the Prophet and the Apostles. We're so blessed to have the Gospel in our lives. I miss you too buddy, I think about you and I talk about you all the time. But don't worry because when I come home it will be your birthday and I'll be there to spend time with you guys the whole time! Just keep being good for mom and dad :) . I love you! 
Dad, the General Authorities spoke in their own languages this time?! Don't you worry, there's nothing that can keep me from this faith now... I'm rooted in forever :) I'm so grateful for your examples as parents! Glad that Bolt is doing good and that the Barnes' are so excited, you'll have to let me know how her report goes.  Love you! PS. I miss pumpkin. I'm jealous of your pancakeeesss!
Jake, sorry you had a bad week, but seriously 9th in the whole city is awesome! Make this week a good one :) Love you!
Kacey, don't stress too much! This is the most intense year of high school, but you're going to do great! I still can't believe you're a junior... Just make sure you do everything in order...and read your scriptures before you start your homework. It's going to help you and you're going to feel a difference. Just drive TRANQUILA. Are you driving stick?! Just take deep breaths and say a little prayer before you leave each day. Everything is going to be ookkaayyy! Love ya!

Well, I don't have too much to report this week haha. This was a really weird week for us. We didn't have church on Sunday, nor did we have General Conference. This Sunday was election day in Peru, and it's required that all citizens vote, and nobody can have meetings that day...so we just spent Sunday like a normal day...working hard and walkinnnggg in the streets haha. 

I don't know why it was so hard to find people this week. We spent most of our days in the streets desperately knocking on doors, talking to people in the street. It was just really hard to find people that were willing and ready to listen to the Gospel. I don't know if it was just because it's election week, or what...but it's all good.

Our District meeting this week was hilarious. Okay the MEETING was very spiritual and awesome, but afterwards we had a little surprise for my Zone Leader, Elder Almazan. To put things in perspective, Elder Almazan is a trickster. He's constantly playing jokes on people and is super hilarious. He's finishing his mission and headed home today...so our zone surprised him with pizza......and raw eggs haha. There's a tradition here of smashing eggs in people's heads to celebrate. So we took a picture of all the elders with him in front...and they smashed eggs in his head. it was so unexpected, and hilarious! We were all dying of laughter.

Well.... sorry I'm not that exciting today. I'm learning a valuable lesson of PATIENCE and PERSERVERANCE these days. There's a quote from Elder Uchtdorf that defines things perfectly "Discipleship is a journey. We need refining lessons of the journey to craft our character and purify our hearts. By patiently walking in the path of discipleship, we demonstrate to ourselves the measure of our faith and our willingness to accept God's will rather than ours"

I love you and I love this work. I know that the Gospel is true and that this work is the most important thing I can do right now. I'm so grateful for the chance the Lord has given me to serve His children in Peru, for the people that I'm serving with, and for the trust that I'm gaining in myself and in my Heavenly Father. Kelsie wrote something SO true in her email about how our confidence in the Lord really grows, and it changes who we are.

I love each of you and I'm grateful for everything you do for me! Thank you for your prayers and support <3 

Love
Hermana Carr

Elder Almazon after the egg prank

Zona Los Olivos

No comments:

Post a Comment