August 1, 2014

July 27, 2014

Wow, it sounds like you guys had a crazy week! I'm sooooo sorry about all the trees that fell down and that you guys had to live without power for a week! I guess it puts the whole pioneer thing in perspective, doesn't it? I'm glad that everyone is safe! 

Sounds like the trek was a blast. Dad I love the picture of the horse ears looking out over the company. It's really cool. It sounds like the trek was a success and a ton of fun. Kacey, I'm glad you had a good group!!! So glad things went well! Give Uncle Tyler a hug for me if he's still there! 

We had a good week. To be honest... It flew by so fast that I don't really know what to write you guys today haha. More than anything I just want to write about Hermano R. and S. We were so worried all week because he went on his work trip and we weren't able to meet with him until the following Sunday. But he came to church and was super happy and was even telling people that he's getting baptized on Saturday. In Priesthood they talked about Elder Hale's talk "If you love me, keep my commandments". It was perfect. That night we went to visit him and L.. We were able to teach him about the word of wisdom. We were a little nervous about it, because as a truck driver, he really faces everything. His companions smoke to pass the time, drink to celebrate the end of a trip, and drink coffee to stay awake during long trips. He participates with them, more to be a part of the group than anything. So we explained the Word of Wisdom to him and focused on the blessings that come from the companionship of the Holy Ghost. We talked to him about not giving into peer pressure and the things that really matter. Hermana Kim's dad is a cargo boat mechanic, so on his long boat trips he obviously faces all of these same things. R.  was talking about how his co-workers make fun of him when he doesn't participate, and Hermana Kim was able to tell him about her dad's experience, and how really her dad's family is the only one that doesn't have problems, and how often the spirit has helped her dad in these situations. It was a really cool lesson and Rafael accepted to live the Word of Wisdom, because his family and the gospel is more important than what his coworkers think. He really wants to get his family to the temple. 

Well last week I turned 10 in the mission and this time I turn 21 in real life haha. It's crazy how fast time is flying by. Sometimes I can't believe that this is MY life. Who thought I'd be somewhere where they even serve rice with your hamburger...and where the people have birthday parties for catholic saints. My life is so weird haha. But I love it. I'm so grateful for the things I've learned in year 20. I can't believe most of it was spent in Peru. It's been a long road, but the most rewarding one. How else could I say that I speak two languages (three if you count "Spokanese"...the language I speak when Hermana Kim doesn't understand my English haha). How else could I have seen so many miracles, been so greatly humbled, been able to have friends from a dozen different countries, and more than anything, how else would I have grown this close to my Savior? I think it takes a mission...or something equally difficult and dedicated, to teach us how small we really are in the world...and how at the same time our Savior knows us perfectly. I've never been so humbled, but I've also never felt so confident in my life. I'm so grateful for the miracles the Lord is working in me. I'm so grateful that I've had the opportunity to be an instrument in His hands. There is nothing more satisfying, no feeling more beautiful than being present in a baptism where you've helped someone find and become converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I never thought that this would be part of God's plan for me, but I'm so grateful that it is. I love the people of Peru. I love my family. I love the Gospel...and that's why I'm here. That love grows more every day. Thanks for letting me serve and for supporting me along the way. I sure love you guys. 

I hope you have an awesome week and that you don't have any more torrential storms! BE SAFE and remember I love you tons!!! 

PRAY FOR R.L AND S. SEGURA!!!! <3 

Les amo,
<3 Hermana Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment