August 11, 2014

August 11, 2014

Hey family!

 Glad you got to catch up with some old family friends, and I'm happy to hear about everyone coming and going! AHHHH I'm SO happy for Heather! Tell her congrats and that I love her next time you see her.  Thanks for the clothes mom, I LOVE THEM. I LOOVVEEEED the letter from Sydney too, I was DYING laughing. Glad Kacey is working hard, and mom I'm glad you're going to have a break from school. So glad Vanessa made it home safe. 

Well this week, once again, was a week of going through the motions...searching for new people to teach and trying to make the most of the time Hermana Kim and I have left together. Tuesday we had a training meeting with President Archibald. It was really good. I learned a lot about the importance of the Godhead and the commandments. I always thought about the 10 commandments being separate from tithing, the word of wisdom, all of the otheres that there are...but really it's not that way. Everything is included in the 10 commandments, just like everything begins with the commandment to love God above all else and to love your neighbor. Don't murder....don't murder yourself little by little either, or don't participate in harmful substances...BAM word of wisdom. Don't rob...well duh, DON'T ROB GOD either, TITHING and OFFERINGS. It was so cool to see how President picked apart each commandment and helped us to understand how to explain them to people and help them to live them. It's always so interesting to me because the ten commandments say DONT WORSHIP IDOLS and the biggest problem here are the SANTOS... the saints and virgins that people worship more than the Lord himself. There are hundreds of them and each one has a story with little significance...yet they pray to these dolls in the street. It's sad. 

Well, we have one potential investigator, our new neighbor! She's a single mom named Doris. Her son is the cutest. She's a really sweet lady and we taught her lesson 1 and the 10 commandments like President asked us to, and she accepted a date, so we'll see what happens. 

This week, I felt the Lord helping me know what to say...more than anything to the menos activos we've been working with. Inspired questions are THE KEY to figuring out why people don't go to church. While we didn't have any investigators come to church this week, I was happy to see that the menos activos we visited all showed up. 

Well... I don't have a lot to write about this week haha, sorry. But I hope you know I love you and I love this work. The Lord really knows and prepares His children. I'm sad that Hermana Kim and I are running out of time together. I'm pretty sure both of us will be training this next transfer because in the next three months we're going to be receiving about 80 new missionaries, and I think about half are sisters. Crazy. 

I love you guys. I know that the Gospel is true. I know that this is the work of the Lord and that He is preparing His children to receive the gospel and to be happy NOW. The Plan of Salvation is a wonderful thing. I love teaching it because there is so much hope in the fact that our families are eternal. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MICHELLE NELSON. 

AND THANK YOU TO DEBBIE ROGERS AND GRANDPA & GRANDMA PETERSEN for the birthday packages! I love you so much and I appreciate your thinking of me!

Love you all and hope you have a great week!

Hermana Carr 




No comments:

Post a Comment