October 15, 2013

Oct. 2, 2013

Hola Familia!

Conference was abosolutely amazing. We were able to watch the sessions in English, so I watched the Four General Sessions and the RS Broadcast. It was so nice to shake things up at the CCM and we joked that it was like Christmas for Missionaries. Elder Holland gave such a PERFECT talk, he is always spot on. I really loved what he said. I also particularly loved President Monsons talk. Shall I falter or Shall I finish? When the going gets tough, we need to CLING to the Gospel and to the Atonement. This Gospel is what will pull us through, to meet struggles head on and be victorious. I think that is one of the most important messages that I can bring to people. With Christ, we can weather the storms of life and LEARN from them. Also, while we are talking about it, I wanted to challenge EACH OF YOU to follow the invitation Elder Ballard gave. It was amazing to think that if every member shared the Gospel by Christmas, MILLIONS would know more about the church. So EACH OF YOU share the message of the Atonement. I´m serious. It doesn´t have to be a huge conversation or anything, but just don´t give up on the chance to share what you believe. Brett, especially you. You have such a huge impact on so many people at your school, and you are preparing for a mission. The more you share the easier it gets, and if you care about the people you spend time with every day, you will lead them by example, and if they ask, you will tell them why you are the way you are.

Congrats to Jake on his Tenderfoot, and to Brett on his Court of Honor! I´m excited for both of you, and Brett I'm glad you finally get to have it!

Mom have fun at frontsight and be safe. you will have so much fun!

The Spanish is coming slowly but surely. There are days where I remember everything I need to say and then there are days where I just completely draw a blank and dont even know how to ask someone's name. But I'm working on it and I know it will come along. The temple is in Spanish but they have translation boxes and things for us to read so we know what is going on! I have taken some pictures and I am going to try to send them to you. I tried last week and they wouldnt load but i am on a different computer and will try again.

Thanks for sending everything on one email, the internet is a little slow sometimes so it is so much faster for me to read when you send everything together! I I think the sister that left just realized that she wasn´t up for this. this isnt something you just come and do for the fun of it, that's for sure! My district is absolutely fantastic though. Seriously I can't even tell you how blessed I've been with both my district and my companion. The other groups of people that flew in with me have been having a lot of different struggles, and just havent gotten along at all. The hermanas have had a lot of drama but somehow the two of us have escaped all of it. Needless to say, I'm glad that we are the only girls in our group and that the Elders are so much fun. They are hard workers and also know how to make things fun and hilarious all the time. I love it. Hermana Stirling has been perfect for me too. She and I are both the oldest in our families. We both kind of just go with the flow and everything is going well. We are finally learning how to teach TOGETHER and are on the same page, being with someone 24/7 is definitely an adjustment, but I was lucky enough to get the best hermana around!

Way to go Lani! I can't believe she is training already, that would scare me TO DEATH to train that quickly, especially since my Spanish is so bad haha.

This week finally felt like I was in a routine. My teacher Hermano Lazo is AMAZING, he is probably the best teacher I have ever had in my life. But can you please keep him in your prayers? He's struggling with some health issues and he needs our prayers for sure. Also Hermana Lopez left this week for her mission in Bolivia. I am SO sad she is gone. She is one of those people that I connected with so quickly, and even though we had a language barrier I understand the power of the gift of tongues. We had a conversation about how we were able to talk so well with each other because of it. I realized that this gift is given with love and must be used with love. When I really have a desire to get to know somebody and talk to them about important things, I am able to talk to them in Spanish. That is how this gift works. I LOVE Hermana Lopez, and so she and I grew close and became fast friends despite our barriers. She wrote me the sweetest letter and woke me to say goodbye. I have learned so much from her and truly hope that I can see her again! I love her!

Today was fantastic in the temple, I love it there so much. My testimony of it has grown a ton being in Peru. Also being able to travel on the streets and the bus is an adventure I wouldnt trade for anything. I have so much fun exploring the stores and goofing off with my companion and the elders. They are so much fun.

This work is true. The Lord is in this and there are important things I have learned to help my testimony, my Spanish, and the friendships I am making here. I love you all so much and I hope you know that I miss you but that this is EXACTLY where I am supposed to be.

Have a great week and know that you are in my Prayers.

Hey family! I got your first email! It's fantastic and I was in tears laughing at all the nicknames....I guess the delirious missionary phase has commenced :P

No comments:

Post a Comment