November 19, 2013

November 17, 2013

Hola Fambam! 

I LOVE YOU ALL. 

So here's some of the stuff with my crazy week. I feel like we left a part of the spiritual battle and went into the physical for a while. In all honesty this week was not very productive in the work, which bugs both of us...because believe me when I say Hermana Cueva and I WANT TO WORK. 

Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty productive days, we were able to teach lessons and help strengthen some of the members with their understanding of the scriptures. The understanding of the Gospel here is a little bit limited and so we're trying to focus on working from the inside out. I've had all the weird foods this week too, I don't know WHAT happened there...but yes I ate guinea pig, I'm trying to send a pic haha, and I also had cow heart, pig intestine soup, and a little bit of tokkush----rotten potato mash....yumyum. It's been a food adventure and it's been a dog adventure.

Thursday was awful. We spent the majority of the day planning and trying to work through some things with our area (Hermana Cueva and I are TOTALLY fine, we get along really well and even with the language barrier we're learning to understand each other). So we spent most of the day creating plans and goals, then we went out to teach. Well a few of our appts. fell through so we decided to go visit an investigator we hadn't been able to get a hold of lately. It was getting dark, and his street isn't the most well lit, but we know it pretty well and felt fine. We were walking and talking when all of the sudden Hermana cueva screamed out....I turned around just in time to see a dog attacking her ankle and running away. It was a really deep bite, and I felt TERRIBLE. We had to go to the Huaraz clinic the next day and she is still having trouble walking. I've been her living crutch all week. To make things worse there is this EVIL dog named Rocky that lives right by our pensionista (maid). He is this giant doberman thing that hates us, and he tried to attack us too. We don't know where he came from because he wasn't there the first week....but yeah it was scary when we couldn't run or fight because of her wound. luckily little Javier saw us and chased him away with rocks.  Scary haha. 

Yeah...so the rest of the week has been a bit of a struggle because Hermana Cueva can't walk and this is a walking mission. We've done a lot of studying and visiting people that live close to us, but our numbers tanked this week...not cool. She's healing up though and things will get better.

Yesterday was a really frustrating day. We had Ward Council and I felt the strongest need to speak, and not about something easy to swallow...and all in Spanish. I was scared out of my mind but it was one of those moments when the Spirit was pressing me so much that my heart was pounding and I couldn't stay silent. When it was our turn to get up and speak, Hermana Cueva asked if I wanted to add anything and I said yes. I talked to these leaders about keep their baptismal covenants in Mosiah 18, and the importance they are to the retainment of the people in their ward. I spoke with all the love I could and through the Spirit. Hermana Cueva said I made perfect sense, but it wasn't well received. It's a little difficult and frustrating but we're trying to figure out what we need to do. 

Yeah, so that's my week. I love you all VERY VERY MUCH and I'm so grateful for your examples, prayers, and fasting. Last Monday was perfect because my sister trainer, Hermana Brown...the same girl I blog stalked before the mission, was at our zone activity and she and I just talked for an hour, I swear she's my twin, she's awesome and it helped me so much.

I love you all. This Gospel is true. The enabling power of the Atonement is REAL and I am so grateful for the Savior in my life. This really is His work and I can feel His help when I ask for it. Use the ENABLING and REDEEMING power of the Atonement in your lives every day. The Lord loves each of us and is waiting for us to come unto Him.

I love you

Hermana Carr 


Me and My companion H. Cueva, enjoying some grilled Guinea Pig.  If you look close you can see their little legs....yummmmm



No comments:

Post a Comment